Leaders in business to participate in annual Directors’ Institute
Senior executives and board members from some of the top organizations and corporations in the country will serve as the faculty for the 2011 Citadel Directors’ Institute.
Hosted by the School of Business Administration in partnership with the Research Triangle Chapter of the National Association of Corporate Directors, the second annual event is scheduled for March 17 and 18, 2011, at Charleston Place Hotel in Charleston, S.C.
“With its emphasis on principled leadership, The Citadel is proud to host several renowned international leaders in business, finance and law,” said Lt. Gen. John W. Rosa, president of the college. “We look forward to their insights on the challenges faced by boards of directors and senior executives in today’s fast-changing global corporate environment,” said Lt. Gen. John W. Rosa, president of The Citadel.
During the two-day seminar, corporate directors from across the country will discuss best practices in corporate governance, developments in the legal, regulatory and political environment, and corporate risk management.
“In keeping with The Citadel’s commitment to providing top quality, professional and principled leadership development, this program permits the free flow of information among several of the world’s most talented corporate directors in various fields,” said Wes Jones, conference director and associate dean for programs and outreach in the School of Business.
The Directors’ Institute has secured some of the most prominent business leaders in the United States and from the United Kingdom to lead the discussions. Among the panelists are:
- Myron Steele, chief justice, Supreme Court of Delaware
- Simon Lorne, vice chairman and chief legal officer at Millennium Partners LLP; previously general counsel for the Securities and Exchange Commission
- L. William Krause, Citadel Class of 1963 and a board member of Coherent, Inc., Core-Mark, Inc., Sybase, Inc. and Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. He is the retired chairman and CEO of 3Com Corp.
- John F. Olson, a partner in Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher and chairman of corporate governance committee in the Business Law at the American Bar Association
- Robert Spatt, corporate partner- corporate governance at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP and co-chairman emeritus of the Tulane Corporate Law Institute
“We have a panel that rivals any similar program in the county,” said Ron Green, dean of the School of Business. “Participants will have the opportunity to be exposed to some of the greatest businesses minds in the country and to network with other corporate directors. The Citadel Director’s Institute is a must attend for anyone who is sitting on a corporate board.”
Registration prior to Jan. 1, 2011, costs $500. After Jan. 1, the cost increases to $625. Charleston Place Hotel is offering a special rate for all participants.
For more information or to register for The Citadel Directors’ Institute, contact Wes Jones at 843 953-7531 or visit www.citadel.edu/cdi.