Campus improvement update: summer 2016
A paving project on the north end of The Citadel campus gets underway on June 16. Summer students, faculty, staff, visitors and vendors can expect road and parking access to be temporarily off limits in various locations as the project progresses.
The project is divided into three phases:
June 6 - July 1
Impacted areas include Jones Ave. between Deas Hall and Freshman Field; Wilson Ave behind Deas Hall, and seven Hammond Ave, which is between Deas Hall and the procurement warehouse.
- Dunnemann Gate will remain open to allow housing occupants to their units. Residents may want to consider parking along Dunnemann Ave.
- Facilities and Engineering Department employees should consider parking in the Bulls-eye Dr. parking lot. Staff can enter the facilities and engineering compound via the small access road between procurement and the boat center
July 5 - 27
The area between Deas Hall and McAlister Field House (Grier Ave.) will be impacted from the corner of Jones Ave. to Hammond Ave.
- Traffic will be blocked along Jones Ave. at the parking lot across from McAlister Field House to allow a vehicle turn around area only
- Traffic will be blocked at Hammond and Jenkins Avenues.
- Access to the boating center access will be limited
July 28 – Aug. 13
During this phase, Hammond Ave. will be impacted from the corner of Grier to Courvoisie Avenues at The Cadet Store.
- The Bulls-Eye Dr./Rifle Range parking lot will be closed
- The intersection of Jenkins Hall and Hammond Ave. will be closed
- Traffic access will be blocked at the intersection of Courvoisie and Hammond Avenues
- Traffic access will be blocked at the loading dock entrance to Coward Hall at Hammond Ave.
- Parking along Hammond Ave., behind Coward Hall will not be available
Please follow all special traffic detours and closures. A virtual map of The Citadel campus can be found here.