Five finalists named for dean of School of Business Administration
Five finalists have been named for dean of The Citadel School of Business Administration and the Robert A. Jolly Chair in Business Administration.
The finalists will be on campus this month and in December for interviews. The new dean will replace Ron Green, who came to The Citadel in 2007 and next year will return to teaching.
The finalists are:
- William N. Trumbull, associate professor of Economics and Fulbright Scholar, College of Business and Economic, West Virginia University
- Elnora W. Stuart, associate dean, George Dean Johnson, Jr. College of Business and Economics, University of South Carolina Upstate
- Rita A. Jordan, professor emeritus, Department of Management, U.S. Air Force Academy
- Bob G. Wood, dean, Franklin P. Perdue School of Business, Salisbury (Md.) University
- Joe F. Alexander, associate dean, The Jack C. Massey Graduate School of Business, Belmont (Tenn.) University
The dean's primary responsibilities include the general administration of the school and the oversight of curricular, budgetary, personnel and academic matters, as well as faculty development.
The School of Business Administration offers both graduate and undergraduate degrees in business administration. Both the undergraduate program and the MBA are accredited by AACSB. There are approximately 650 undergraduate and 300 graduate students in these programs. The school has 25 full-time faculty members actively engaged in teaching, research, and service.