Colonel James "Jim" H. Harrison, USAR (Retired)
- Served as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of South Carolina, 1978-1989.
- Served in the South Carolina House of Representatives, 1989-2012. Chairman, House Judiciary Committee, 1994-2012. South Carolina Code Commissioner and Director of Legislative Council, a state agency that provides research and drafting services for the General Assembly, 2012 to the present.
- Commissioned in the Army upon graduation from The Citadel and served for thirty (30) years in the United States Army and Army Reserve. Retired in 2013 with the rank of Colonel. Activated for service during Operation Desert Storm, Saudi Arabia and Iraq (1991), Operation Uphold Democracy, Haiti (1994), and Operation Joint Endeavor, Bosnia (1996). Commendations include the Legion of Merit and the Bronze Star.
- Recipient of the Order of the Palmetto, South Carolina's highest civilian honor.
Elected by the South Carolina General Assembly, 2017. Current term 2017-2023.
Citadel Affiliations and Activities
- The Citadel Alumni Association, Lifetime Member
- Columbia Area Citadel Club, President
- Theta Commission, Kappa Alpha Order
- Recipient of an Honorary Degree from The Citadel
- Graduated from The Citadel with a BA degree in Political Science, 1973
- Graduated from the University of South Carolina, School of Law with a JD degree, 1976
- Married to Susan Hensel of Columbus, Ohio
- Daughters: Catherine Harrison of Columbia and Molly Willis of Summerville