Book Rental Terms and Conditions
This rental agreement ("Agreement") is a contract between you and Barnes & Noble College Booksellers LLC. and applies to your rental of textbooks and/or course related materials (the "Rented Materials") from us. This Agreement sets forth your rights and obligations and should be read carefully. In this Agreement, "You" or "Your" means any person or entity renting Rented Materials from us ("Users") using this rental service (the "Service"). Unless otherwise stated, "Barnes & Noble" the "Company," "we" "our" or "us" will refer collectively to Barnes & Noble College Booksellers LLC. The Service can be accessed by You either at a Barnes & Noble College Booksellers store or via our online rental service which can be found on our website, the ("Website"). The Website can be accessed at www.yourschoolyourbookstore.com.
The Company may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting by the Company on the Website. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use Service after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes.
For questions regarding this Agreement please contact your campus bookstore.
Terms and Conditions
• You must be 18 years of age or older to use the Service.
• All information provided by You in connection with this agreement must be accurate and complete.
• You are entering into this agreement with Barnes & Noble College Booksellers LLC. All Rented Materials must be returned to the campus bookstore from which they were originally rented as per terms of this Agreement. When you rent Rented Materials, you can either have those Rented Materials shipped to you, or pick them up yourself at the campus bookstore. Shipping fees may apply. When renting materials you will be charged when your order is fulfilled. In addition, in order to rent materials, you must have a valid credit card on file with us at all times.
• Rented Materials can include both new or used textbooks and supplemental materials. The rental fee is the same for both new and used Rented Materials.
• During your rental period, all Rented Materials remain the full property of Barnes & Noble. Your acceptance of the Rented Materials and paying rental fees prices entitles you to use the property of Barnes & Noble for a limited amount of time and binds you to this Agreement. At the end of the rental period, this Agreement will terminate and You will lose all rights to the Rented Materials.
• Rented Materials must be returned to the campus bookstore from which they were originally rented by the rental return date designated by us at the time of rental (the "Rental Return Date") in salable condition. Salable condition will be determined by us in our sole discretion, but generally means book spine intact, no excessive damage to cover or contents, all original pages intact, all original components present, and no excessive highlighting, writing or other markings. Normal use highlighting and writing is permitted.
• Rented materials can be converted to a purchase during the first two weeks of classes only.
• Rented Materials not returned by the Rental Return Date, or Rented Materials returned on or before the Rental Return Date not in salable condition will be subject to Non-Return Fees. Non-Return Fees will be automatically charged to the credit card on file for this Agreement as follows for each item of Rented Material: 75% of the new book price, plus a processing fee of 7.5% of the new book price. The new book price is based on the new book price at time of rental. In the event that the credit card on file for this Agreement is no longer valid or in the event the purchasing limit on such credit card has been exceeded at the time the Non-Return Fees are to be charged, we will bill you for, and you agree to promptly pay in full, the Non-Return Fees.
• If you have not returned the Rented Materials by the Rental Return Date and we are unable to charge your credit/debit card, it is your responsibility to pay the Non-Return Fees immediately. You will be notified via email if your credit/debit card was declined and have 15 days to pay the fees before your account is turned over to a third party collection agency.
• Rented Materials must be returned to the campus bookstore from which they were rented. Returns shipped UPS, USPS or other carriers must be postmarked and shipped on or before the Rental Return date.
• Barnes & Noble College Booksellers LLC is not responsible for reminding you of your Rental Return Date. Any and all notifications are a courtesy. You are responsible for complying with the Rental Return Dates.
• You are responsible for loss or theft of all Rented Materials.
• Standard tax rates apply and vary by state.
• Rented Materials cannot be shipped outside the continental United States.
• The campus bookstore refund policy from which you rented the Rented Materials applies to all Rented Materials.
• In no event shall Barnes & Noble College Booksellers LLC be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages whatsoever whether arising in contract or tort (including negligence) arising out of or related to the use or inability to use the website or the service, even if Barnes & Noble College Booksellers has been advised of the possibility of such damages.