Alternative Testing Information
The purpose of the Alternate Testing Pass Form is to help you and the the Academic Support Center better communicate about test administration. This instruction guide should answer most of your questions about the Alternative Testing Pass Form. However, please feel free to contact the Academic Support Center at 3-1820.
Testing Form: Alternate Testing Pass Form (PDF)
Arranging to Take a Test at the Academic Support Center
- The Academic Support Center is open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and during ESP by appointment for students to take tests. Students will not be allowed to start a test unless they have enough time to finish it (i.e., a student may not begin a 2 hour test at 4:00 pm). The amount of time needed to finish the test is based on the student’s accommodations.
- Students need to provide an accommodation letter from the Academic Support Center stating the need for testing accommodations.
- Arrangements must be made at least one week in advance for students who need to take tests outside of regular office hours.
- It is the student’s responsibility to make testing arrangements with the Academic Support Center.
How to Fill out This Form
- Please complete all sections of the Alternate Testing Pass Form. Omissions may result in the student being unable to begin the test until you have been contacted for clarification.
- Test Deadline: Indicate the date and time by which the test must be completed.
- Materials the student is allowed to use: Please include all items the student may utilize. If an item is not specified, the students will not be allowed to take it into the testing room.
- Please be sure to sign and date the form at the bottom.
- You have the option of sending one form for each of your students using testing accommodations at the beginning of the term to cover the term. Please contact the Academic Support Center.
- Students must have a separate form if they plan on taking their final exam in this office. It is the student’s responsibility to contact you to complete the form, and students will not be allowed to take their final exam in this office without a completed form.
The Honor Code and Testing at the Academic Support Center
- The Center is committed to enforcing the Citadel Honor Code. We take careful steps to ensure the integrity of the testing process in our office.
- Each student is monitored during testing and signs an Honor Code statement after each test, which will be included with the test when it is returned to you.
- You can help safeguard against Honor violations by sending tests to us in a sealed envelope. This is especially important if a student is delivering the test.
- We will be glad to assist you with testing arrangements for other students (i.e., a student who needs to make-up a test) if space is available.
- If you have any questions or concerns about these procedures, please feel free to contact us.