- Students with disabilities requesting accommodations must meet with the Director of the Academic Support Center to identify needs and discuss appropriate accommodations.
- Students must provide current, appropriate documentation that supports their disability and the accommodations requested.
- Arrangements for accommodations are made on an individual basis and are designed to equalize access to educational opportunities.
- A packet of letters listing the appropriate accommodations will be prepared for students to hand deliver to their professors.
- After the initial determination, if accommodation needs remain the same, students may renew their accommodation requests each semester.
- Students should schedule an appointment with the Director of the Academic Support Center if: they need to modify their accommodation requests, they are experiencing academic difficulties, or they have question or need advice.
- Students should arrange an individual appointment with their professors to discuss their accommodation needs during the first week of the semester, if possible.
- Students requesting alternate testing accommodations must meet with their professors at least one week before the first test in order to provide this information to professors in a timely manner.
- Late requests for accommodations may cause a delay or denial of requested accommodations.
- Accommodations are not reactive. Professors can provide accommodations only after receiving an accommodation letter.
- Accommodations provided by other colleges or universities may not automatically be provided by The Citadel.