The Citadel Non-Cadet Veteran Day Program
An eligible non-cadet veteran is defined to be an individual who provides evidence through a DD 214 of honorable discharge from one of the Armed Services indicating a minimum of 90 consecutive days of full-time federal active service, other than active duty for training.
Veteran applicants must meet the academic standards outlined under the High School Course Requirements and Entrance Examinations section for the Corps of Cadets or provide evidence of previous satisfactory college work. Qualified veteran students applying as transfer students must meet the requirements as stated in this catalogue under the Transfer Student Admissions section.
- Veteran applicants are civilians and are not subject to those personal requirements specific to the Corps of Cadets. They will not be subject to the RPED or ROTC requirements.
- Veteran applicants must not have a record of conviction of a criminal offense showing poor moral character.
In order to be considered for admission as a veteran student at The Citadel, the following actions must be completed:
- Submit a complete Veteran's Application for Admissions with a non-refundable $40 application fee.
- Request all high schools and colleges attended to send official transcripts (if high school was completed by GED test, submit a copy of the equivalency certificate).
- Request the College Entrance Examination Board (SAT) or the American College Testing Programs Assessment Exam (ACT) send to The Citadel, Office of Admissions latest SAT or ACT test scores.
- Submit DD Form 214