Citadel Ring Requirements
Ordering and Receiving a Class Ring
While any rising senior cadet may in the spring of the junior year be measured for and order a class ring, to be eligible to receive a class ring, a cadet must meet these two conditions:
1. Have an academic classification of 1A and
2. Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.000.
To participate in the Ring Ceremony:
1. The cadet must:
Have passed the Corps Physical Fitness Test.
Have met the height/weight requirement as outlined in Chapter 5 of the White Book.
2. Cadets who have met requirements to receive the ring but have not met requirements to participate in the Ring Ceremony may pick up their rings at the Holliday Alumni Center on the first business day after the formal Ring Ceremony.
3. If a cadet fails to meet requirements to receive the ring with his/her class, the Alumni Association will normally hold the ring until the end of the following spring semester. If the cadet has not met requirements to receive the ring by that time, it will be returned to the manufacturer. The cadet may not order the ring again until all requirements to receive the ring have been met.
4. The eligibility of cadets who failed to meet ring eligibility in October of their senior year will be checked again in January.
5. The rings of cadets who have not yet received their rings but will receive their diplomas in May or will be eligible to participate in the Commencement ceremony will be cleared to receive their rings before Commencement. No other cadets will be cleared to receive their rings until after Commencement.
These are minimum requirements and will not be waived. Students should see the Registrar to confirm eligibility.