Please provide your CWID (Campus Wide ID):
This is an 8- digit unique, numeric identifier beginning with "1" that was provided to you in your acceptance packet from the Citadel Admissions Office.If you do not see your CWID Number in your packet, please contact the Admissions Office at 843-953-5230. (*)
Invalid Input: This CWID has already been submitted on a CSI application form. Please double check to make sure your CWID is correct.
Last Name (*)
First Name (*)
Have you been academically accepted to The Citadel? (*)
Have you been Medically Cleared by The Citadel? (*)
2018 Citadel Success Institute Registration Form:
Please note registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Classes fill up quickly, so you will want to register early to better ensure your first choice of core course.
Email Address (*)
Parent's Email Address (*)
Phone Number, for example, 843-866-1234 (*)
Please provide your home City and State. (*)
Please provide your County of Residence (*)
Date of Birth: Please provide MM/DD/YYYY i.e. 03/11/1999 (*)
Select the racial category you identify with (select all that apply): (*)
What is your ethnicity? (*)
T-Shirt Size: (*)
Emergency Contact Information Please provide information for at least one emergency contact. This person will be contacted if we have difficulty reaching you prior to CSI and/or if there is any type of emergency during CSI.
Emergency Contact # 1
First Name, Last Name, Relationship to you. (*)
Emergency Contact #1 Phone Number with Area Code Example: 555-555-1234 (*)
Emergency Contact #1 Email Address Please provide an Email address that is checked regularly as all correspondence will be done via Email. (*)
Emergency Contact # 2
First Name, Last Name, Relationship to you.
Emergency Contact #2 Phone Number with Area Code Example: 555-555-1234
Emergency Contact #2 Email Address Please provide an Email address that is checked regularly as all correspondence will be done via Email.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS, CAREFULLY, TO ENSURE CORRECT REGISTRATION.
All CSI students will be registered in RPED 110, a required course. However, all CSI students must choose one more course.
ALL NON-STEM MAJORS WILL TAKE LDRS 101
(Orientation Course) and RPED 110 plus one more course from the following list:
- ENGL 101/ENGL 102 - Composition and Literature I & II. (To enroll in ENGL 102, the student must have credit for ENGL 101:
Advanced Placement, Dual Credit, or Transfer
- HIST 103 - Western Civilization
- MATH 104 - Elementary Mathematical Modeling
- PSCI 102 - American National Government
- PSYC 201 - General Psychology
- BADM 201 - Principles of Macroeconomics
- COMM 205 - Public Speaking
- CRMJ 201 - Introduction to Criminal Justice
*All of the above WILL count toward undergraduate degree requirements.
*Please select your FIRST-
choice core course as well as a SECOND-
choice course. In the event that your first choice is full, we will do our best to place you in your second-choice course. However, if your second choice is full, you will be placed in a course at the discretion of the CSI Director. We will do our best to place students in their first choice; however, due to space constraints, this cannot be guaranteed.
2. MATH 119 (Precalculus) and RPED 110
For STEM majors who:
- Need to take MATH 131 (Analytic Geometry and Calculus I) for their scholarship program
- Are interested in pursuing a major or minor in:
- Chemistry (B.S.)
- Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering
*MATH 119 will NOT count toward undergraduate degree requirements.
*To enroll in this MATH course, students MUST take the Math Placement Exam and receive notification of placement from the Math Department--the MPE will open in EARLY JUNE and is taken ONLINE.
I have previously taken one or more of the following courses (to include AP Credit, Dual Enrollment, or any type of Transfer Credit): (*)
Using the above list of core courses, please provide your first and second choice in the following field, for example,
#1 ENG 101
#2 PSYC 201 (*)
What major did you select? (*)
PAR Q Questionnaire:
Please respond to the following questions concerning your ability to engage in daily physical activity.
Read each question carefully, and answer
it honestly by checking YES or NO.
DELAY BECOMING MUCH MORE ACTIVE:
- If you are not feeling well because of a temporary illness such as a cold or a fever, please check with our staff before engaging in physical activity.
- Please note: If your health changes so that you, then, answer YES to any of the PAR Q questions, please consult with your health professional before attending CSI.
1. Has your doctor ever said that you have a heart condition and that you should only do physical activity recommended by a doctor?
2. Do you feel pain in your chest when you do physical activity?
3. In the past month, have you had chest pain when you were not doing physical activity?
4. Do you lose your balance because of dizziness, or do you ever lose consciousness?
5. Do you have a bone or joint problem that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
6. Currently, do you take prescription drugs (for example, water pills) for your blood pressure or for a heart condition?
7. Do you know of any other reason why you should not participate in physical activity?
8. Do you have allergies?
If you answered YES, please provide a list of your allergies.
9. Are you bringing any medications with you?
If you answered YES, please list all of your medications.
10. Please indicate your response by checking one or both of the boxes below. If you leave the box(es) blank, we will assume that you cannot do one or both of the activities.Can you:
YES to one or more questions (1-7),
you MUST consult with your doctor over the phone or in person BEFORE you start becoming more physically active or BEFORE you have a fitness appraisal during CSI. Tell your doctor about the PAR Q and to which questions you answered YES.
You may be able to engage in physical activity, but you may need to begin, slowly, and then, build up your fitness level. Or, you may need to restrict your activities to those which are safe for you. Consult with your doctor about any kinds of activities that you must avoid and follow his/her advice.
NO to all questions:
If you answered NO, honestly, to all PAR-Q questions, you can be reasonably sure that you can become more physically active. You will want to begin slowly and build up gradually.
A fitness appraisal provides an excellent way to determine your basic fitness and to help you determine what activities are best for you.
You will receive your Lesesne Gateway portal credentials from the Admissions Office in mid-May or early-June. You will then be able to pay your CSI bill online.
The total bill for CSI is $2500. Please do not email or fax payment information.
I understand that I MUST be Medically Cleared by The Citadel NO LATER than June 29, 2018. (*)
I have read, understood, and completed this questionnaire.
Please provide your initials as verification for completing this form. If you are under 18-years-of-age, please have your parents provide their initials as a witness.