Application Evaluation Criteria
This page gives criteria for evaluating applications for Citadel Foundation Faculty Development Grants. The Faculty Development Committee assigns priority to applications that request support for one or more of the following activities. The criteria are not listed in order of priority; all are equally acceptable.
- Training in multimedia and computerized classroom techniques. [If you seek travel funds to attend conferences concerning multimedia training, you must be sure to show how the training does not duplicate services that could be provided on campus by ITS.]
- Acquisition of software to be used in classroom instruction. [Applicant must show that the software could not be provided by ITS.]
- Activities contributing to the development of new or modifying existing courses to reflect a new learning paradigm.
- Workshops that lead to professional certification.
- Participation at meetings at which the applicant delivers a paper about pedagogy and classroom performance or participates in a panel discussion on such matters.
- Activities leading toward the development of new courses that have a major technological component.
- Activities that develop new and/or improved assessment procedures for improving and/or evaluating student learning outcomes.
Because of the limited availability of funds, the Faculty Development Committee will not recommend awards for requests to attend annual professional meetings unless the applicant is (a) presenting a paper on pedagogy, (b) participating in a training workshop [evidence of one's enrollment must be provided], or (c) serving as a session chair or commentator.
The Faculty Development Committee does not fund requests for:
- Travel funds to deliver research papers. (Apply to the Research Committee.)
- Acquisition of research-related software.
- Program development initiatives by department chairs.
- Travel funds for attendance at professional meetings by award recipients.
- Purchase of hardware or other equipment.
- Purchase of books or journals, except those required by attendance at a funded conference, short course, or workshop.
- Officers attending professional meetings. (Funding for this is available elsewhere.)