REPORT ON THE COMMITTEE ON THE EVALUATION OF INSTRUCTION
ACTIVITIES – AY 2012 – 2013
The Faculty Council charter requires the Chair of The Evaluation of Instruction Committee to submit an annual report, summarizing the activities of the committee. The Evaluation of Instruction Committee met two times during the academic year. A summary of the proceedings of these two meetings are presented below.
Committee on the Evaluation of Instruction (AY 2012 – 2013)
The 2012 – 2013 Evaluation of Instruction Committee Members are Bruce Strauch, Mary Lou Yeatts, Ronald Hayne, Frances Frame, Mike Verdicchio, Rachael Elrod, and Arnold Mosley.
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Members present: Bruce Strauch, Rachael Elrod, Mike Verdicchio, Ron Hayne, Frances Frame Mary Lou Yeatts
Rachael Elrod, Elected chairperson for 2012-2013
- Connect Ed software course evaluation recommended, cost saving, reporting structure discussed
Motion made by Bruce Strauch , Second Mike Verdicchio
- Safeguards could be in place
- Tara will present our recommendation to Academic Board by end of 2012
- We propose a webinar for faculty
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
11:00 – 11:15 a.m.
Daniel Library, Museum Reading Room
Members present: Bruch Strauch, Mary Lou Yeatts, Mike Verdicchio, Rachael Elrod, Frances Frame
Also present: Tara McNealy
- Meeting was called to order at 11:00 a.m. Committee members introduced themselves to each other.
- Announcement was made that the Evaluation of Instruction Committee’s approval to move instruction evaluation online will be presented to the Faculty Council at 11:00 a.m. on March 26, 2013, place TBA, and to the Academic Board at 3:15 p.m. on March 26, 2013 in Bond Hall, Room 295. Committee Members were encouraged to be present at both meetings. Tara McNealy agreed to give a PowerPoint presentation to the Faculty Council and the Academic Board about the new technology.
- Discussion was held on the topics that may arise at the Faculty Council and Academic Board meetings such as how to encourage/enforce student participation. A list of names of all cadets can be generated that have not completed their Evaluations that can be given to the TAC Officers, also students will be able to print out a sheet confirming that they have completed their Evaluation.
- Meeting Adjournment