Article I: Name and Affiliation
The name of this organization shall be The Citadel’s Education Leaders, being affiliated with the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development in Alexandria, Va. This organization shall be a student chapter of ASCD.
Article II: Purpose
The purpose of this chapter shall be to promote students’ professional development by preparing educators for classroom and school leadership positions by engaging them in professional opportunities that bridge preparation and practice.
Article III: Membership
Section 1: Eligibility
Membership is open to all students. A student is defined as an individual currently registered for at lease one course credit with an institution. ASCD encourages diverse membership. Student chapter members are required to join ASCD.
Section 2: Dues
The student chapter governing group shall determine annual dues if any.
Section 3: Privileges
Any member shall be entitled to vote, hold office, participate in discussions, and receive chapter benefits and materials.
Article IV: Governance
Section 1: Faculty Advisor
The student chapter shall have a faculty advisor who is the recognized liaison between ASCD and the chapter. The faculty advisor shall be an ASCD member.
Section 2: Leadership Team
An executive board shall govern the student chapter. The Board will be elected for one year terms by the members at the annual meeting.
- President: Presides at chapter meetings, appoints committees, and is responsible for the overall functioning of the chapter. Chair of Conference Committee
- President Elect: Observes and assists the president. Coordinates publication of chapter newsletter and publicity for chapter events. Performs other duties as required.
- Program/Vice President: Responsible for chapter program development and coordination. This person also serves as the Chair of the Program Committee
- Secretary: Maintains membership records and official written records of the student chapter. Chair of the Membership Committee. Performs other duties as required.
- Treasurer: Shall be the chief financial officer and will be concerned with balancing the budget, finding additional funds, and keeping members informed of the financial status of the organization. Performs other duties as required. This person will serve as the Chair of Fundraising Committee.
- Battalion Representatives: Serve as liaisons for student chapter I each of the five battalions. Disseminate information, recruit new members, and coordinate fund-raising activities.
Article VI: Meetings
There shall be at least one general membership meeting each month. Meetings may be called at such times and places as the governing group may determine. Meetings may be called by written request of any five (5) members, provided all members are notified in advance of time, place, and purpose of meeting.
Article VI: Amendments
Upon recommendations by the governing group, this constitution may be amended at any meeting of the membership by a vote of two-thirds of the members present, provided that notice of the meeting has been given prior to the time of voting.
Article VII: Assets on Dissolution
No part of the net income, revenue, and grants of the student chapter shall devolve on any member or private individual (except that reasonable compensation may be paid for services rendered in connection with one or more of the chapter’s purposes). No member or private individual shall be entitled to share in the distribution of any part of the assets of the chapter on its dissolution. In the event of such dissolution, the chapter’s assets, after payment of debts and obligations, shall be transferred in accordance with institution regulations. If no dissolution regulations exist, funds shall be transferred to an organization with tax exemption for charitable uses. The organization will be designated by the final governing body of the chapter.
Dr. Tim Bott
Dr. Stephenie Hewett
Dr. Renee Jefferson
Dr. Josey Templeton
Dr. Lori Williams