AlcoholEdu Program Directions for Citadel Freshmen:
As part of our comprehensive Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program, The Citadel expects each member of the incoming Fourth Class to complete AlcoholEdu for College – an online, objective, science-based course taken by hundreds of thousands of students each year. Whether you drink or not, AlcoholEdu will empower you to make well-informed decisions about alcohol and help you better cope with the drinking behavior of your peers.
The course, which becomes available online on 8 July 2013, has two sections, both of which must be completed to fulfill this requirement:
- Part 1 of the course takes approximately 2-3 hours to complete, and we recommend that you take it in multiple sittings. This part ends after Survey 2 and the Exam. You must earn a grade of 80% or higher to pass and receive credit for the course. The deadline for finishing Part 1 is 17 Aug 2013.
- About two weeks after you complete Part 1, you will receive an email asking you to complete Part 2. The deadline to complete Part 2 is 45 days after school begins.
Please note that the course includes three surveys that measure students’ alcohol-related attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are strictly confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
The course is REQUIRED for each incoming cadet to take before they arrive for their fourth-class training. Due to the limited time you have available after your arrival, Part 1 of the course must be completed before Matriculation. More importantly, the course has been found to provide new college students with a comprehensive understanding of the risks of underage drinking, binge drinking, and illegal drug use.
To take AlcoholEdu, you will need a computer with Internet access and audio capabilities. If you do not have a computer, you can use your local library or other source for logging into the online course.
- Go to: http://college.alcoholedu.com
- Under New User, enter the following Login ID: C217864A
- Click “Sign Up”
- On the registration page, you will have the opportunity to create your AlcoholEdu account using your email address and a password of your choice.
- You may log in and out of the course at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a “Next” button. DO NOT log out until you click the “Next” button, or you will have to repeat the section you have just gone through.
- When you return, login as a Returning User and enter the same email address and password you created when you first logged into the course.
Should you experience any difficulties or require support, the AlcoholEdu Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply click on the “Technical Help” button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu for College screen. You do not need to be logged into the course to access the Technical Support Center.
Thank you, and enjoy the course!